How to Set up Pickleball Net Straps
The Pickleball and Tennis Clubs have worked together to replace the old bungee cords with straps. These straps attach to hooks that have been placed in the ground. This will make it much easier for players to set up the courts, and the straps do not do any damage to the nets. It’s a win-win for us all!
- All Pickleball straps have a black line running down the center as shown above!!!
- Please NEVER adjust or remove the Center Strap!!! That is for tennis only!!!
- Please NEVER hook anything to the nets! The straps are attached to the hooks, and the center bungee cord is hooked to itself as shown below
There are four straps that are kept in the smaller equipment box. Each strap has grommets at the end to attach to the hooks.
Please follow these simple steps to set them up:
- Lay the strap over the top of the net, with the adjustment slides facing outward:
- Hook the grommets onto the hook, ensuring the strap is not twisted:
- The strap is now properly setup! There is a metal ruler at the end of each net. After attaching the Pickleball straps on each side of the court, confirm the height is properly set to 36”. Adjust the strap as necessary.
THE FOLLOWING STEPS ARE NOT NECESARY FOR
COURTS 5 & 6
- Next install the center bungee cord. PLEASE DO NOT ADJUST THE CENTER STRAP OR REMOVE IT! Feed the bungee through the net, and wrap it over the top of the net. Place the hook around the bungee cord – do NOT hook it onto the net. Hook it below the first block of netting; it will be the proper height.
- Feed the bungee through the net, and wrap it over the top of the net. Place the hook around the bungee cord – do NOT hook it onto the net. Hook it below the first netting, it will be the proper height.