We have free demonstrations available for all Villager residents with Mike Walias, who can be reached via email at email@example.com. Mike also has a number of approved paddles you can try out before buying.
You can attend three sessions as a non-member resident, after that, membership is required.
Additionally, we have scheduled Group Play times for different levels:
- Novice Group is held Sundays at 10:30 AM and Thursdays at 4:30 PM.
- Advanced Novice is held Tuesdays at 10:30 AM.
- Intermediate Group Play is held Thursdays at 10:30AM and Tuesdays at noon.
- Advanced Group Play is held Tuesdays at 6:00 PM and Wednesday at 10:30 AM.
Definitions of groups:
- Novice: You’ve had introductory instruction and know the basics of the game. You understand how to serve and are successful some of the time, know the rules, scoring and etiquette. You can hit the ball back some of the time.
- Advanced Novice: You are accurate in 60% of your serves. You understand the strategy of kitchen play and execute some of the time. You begin to develop a strategy on when to dink and try to keep the ball in play longer.
- Intermediate: you have group play experience, know the rules, scoring and can volley in a game. You consistently play at the kitchen with the ability to dink some of the time. You develop a strategy and execute some of the time. You have the ability to mix up soft shots with power shots.
- Consistent and dependable strokes, including directional control and depth on both forehand and backhand shots.
- Reliable serves, lobs, overheads, approach shots and volleys and can use spin shots with some success.
- Occasionally can force errors when serving.
- Uses the dink shot and drop shots to slow down or change the pace of the game.
- Demonstrates 3rd shot strategies – drop shots, lobs, and fast-paced ground strokes.
- Aggressive net play and teamwork in doubles is evident.
- Fully understands the rules of the game and can play by them.